- For the 2D mobile game, see BioShock 2D (Mobile Game).
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Gameplay is much the same as the original, with the ability to explore the game world, loot items from containers, and battle various enemies using weapons, Plasmids, and Gene Tonics. Due to the limitations of mobile phone graphics, enemies will only appear one at a time to attack the player. The sound effects in the game are much the same, although there is no background music in the mobile version.
The player can have one save slot at a time as well as one autosave. The game will pause if the user receives a call during gameplay.
BioShock 3D features the first four levels of the full PC game. After the first level, subsequent levels have to be downloaded individually.
Weapons and Ammunition[edit | edit source]
The mobile game contains five weapons from the original. Of these, only the Pistol, Machine Gun, and Shotgun have three different ammo types.
Controls[edit | edit source]
|Reload Weapon/Refill EVE||Left Soft Key|
|Refill Health||Right Soft Key|
|Access Pause Menu||Clear|
|Increase flow speed||OK|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Screenshot Comparisons[edit | edit source]
Models[edit | edit source]
External Links[edit | edit source]
- BioShock 3D User Guide[Dead link]
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- The models seen in the gallery above were made by Nitin Dhamse.
- A second set of levels was developed for BioShock 3D but never released.
- Arcadia was explicitly cut from BioShock 3D's planned levels. This was due to the development time allotted and from that, agreeing that Arcadia did not have a significant impact on the main storyline.
References[edit | edit source]
- "KMGR of BioShock 3D (part 1)" review by Kasey Chang at VerizonGameReview.blogspot.com
- Nitin Dhamse's Portfolio
- "The second set unfortunately didn't get released. We did make it though :(" Poornima Seetharaman, lead designer for BioShock 3D, via YouTube comment
- "Oh also, small trivia. [BioShock 3D] didn't have the Arcadia level. I remember going through the game and given our development time, I wanted to take it out as it didn't remove anything wrt the main storyline. And my seniors were a bit concerned how 2K would take it. So we got on a call and I spoke to 2K and told them rather pitched to them why I felt we could skip Arcadia and they were convinced. ^^" Poornima Seetharaman, Lead Designer for BioShock 3D, via YouTube comment