"...if you're going to do such things, at least you should
do them properly." - Brigid Tenenbaum
This article, BioShock Reviews , or a section of this article may require overall cleanup.
|Official Xbox Magazine (& UK)||10/10|
|PC Gamer UK||9.5/10|
|Compilation review site||Aggregate score|
|Game Ranking||Xbox 360: 97% (14 reviews)
PC: 96% (3 reviews)
|Metacritic||Xbox 360: 97/100 (18 reviews)
PC: 97/100 (4 reviews)
BioShock has received an extremely positive response from critics. This article displays more exact statistics of this.
Pre-release awards Edit
The game has been cited as having an "inescapable atmosphere", "inconceivably great plot" and "stunning soundtrack and audio effects". The gameplay and combat system has been praised for being smooth and open-ended. Overall, reviewers have noted that the combination of the games elements "straddles so many entertainment art forms so expertly that it's the best demonstration yet how flexible this medium can be. It's no longer just another shooter wrapped up in a pretty game engine, but a story that exists and unfolds inside the most convincing and elaborate and artistic game world ever conceived."
A few points of criticism have come across so far. The scarcity of ammunition in the game can deter newer players from the title, (though the developers have indicated such scarcity is by design) while the recovery system through Vita-Chambers, which restores the player's health but does not alter the enemies', may make the game too easy for more experienced gamers.
In the PC version, IGN noted that switching between weapons or Plasmids is easier using the mouse than the radial menu in the Xbox 360 version, as well as the graphics being slightly better with higher resolutions.
- ↑ Pfister, Andrew (2007-08-16). REVIEWS: BIOSHOCK "We emerge from the deep for our BioShock review.". 1UP.com. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Reed, Kristan (2007-08-16). Reviews = BioShock // Xbox 360. Eurogamer. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ Gerstmann, Jeff (2007-08-20). Reviews = BioShock // Xbox 360. CNet. Retrieved on 2007-08-20.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Reiner, Andrew. BioShock review. Game Informer. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Onyett, Charles (2007-08-16). BioShock Review. IGN. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ Francis, Tom. Review: BioShock. PC Gamer Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ Hogarty, Steve. PC Review: BioShock. PC Zone Magazine. Retrieved on 2007-08-16.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Onyett, Charles (2007-08-17). BioShock Review. IGN. Retrieved on 2007-08-19.
- ↑ BioShock Reviews (Xbox 360). Game Rankings. Retrieved on 2007-08-19.
- ↑ BioShock Reviews (PC). Game Rankings. Retrieved on 2007-08-19.
- ↑ BioShock (Xbox 360: 2007) Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on 2007-08-19.
- ↑ BioShock (PC: 2007) Reviews. Metacritic. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- ↑ E3 2006 Editors' Choice Awards (2006-05-20).
- ↑ IGN's Overall Best of E3 2006 Awards (2006-05-19).
- ↑ E3 2006 Best of Show (2006-05-18).
- ↑ Granziani, Gabe (2007-08-16). BioShock (X360). Gamespy. Retrieved on 2007-08-17.
- ↑ Metacritic webpage which cites the review and gives sources. Retrieved on 2007-08-08.
- ↑ 
- ↑ Official movie 1 at Gamespot.
- ↑ 
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at BioShock. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with BioShock Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|