This page in a nutshell:
To ensure that the quality of the content hosted here on the BioShock Wiki remains high and consistent, there are several criteria and rules that apply when adding to or editing the wiki.
This page contains the BioShock Wiki content policy. It describes criteria and rules for text and files allowed in the main content of articles.
- All content in articles should relate to the BioShock series, its setting, its content, or its creators.
- All content needs to be accurate and verifiable. In particular, adding speculation and fan fiction to articles is forbidden.
- As a rule of thumb, if your addition uses the wording, "could", "might", "possibly" without a source to back it up, it can be considered speculation. You are welcome to post it on the associated talk page, where others might find it and perhaps even find evidence.
- All content in articles must come from official sources. Fan art is not allowed in articles.
- All content needs to be objective. It must not favor nor lean towards a certain opinion, group or standpoint. Opinions and "my favorite"-style passages should not be added to articles.
- As a wiki, this site aims to document known information. Do not list things that are "unknown."
Using Copyrighted Content
The BioShock Wiki includes information and screenshots from the BioShock games under the fair use rationale. This means that images and other content are only allowed if:
- Use of the content does not significantly impede the right of the copyright holder to sell the copyrighted material and is not being used to generate profit in this context.
- The content does not comprise a significant portion of the original copyrighted work, and therefore its use would not replace the market role of the original.
- The content is used only to illustrate articles which concern the subject of the content in question.
Since this wiki documents the BioShock series, the use of most content from 2K Games and its subsidiaries, as well as Digital Extremes and Arkane Studios in relation to the BioShock games is considered fair use.
Content that would not be allowed includes, but is not limited to:
- Scanned interior pages of copyrighted magazines or books.
- Significant portions of unaltered text from sources that are not affiliated with 2K Games and the BioShock series.