- For the removed character in Burial at Sea, see Charlie Lydecker.
Charlie is a citizen of Rapture. After his addiction to ADAM grew, he became involved with Brenda, the owner of the Kashmir Restaurant. Together they survived the worst of the Rapture Civil War, but not without side effects.
- Main article: BioShock
Both Charlie and Brenda can be found by the kitchen in the Kashmir Restaurant of the Welcome Center. When encountered, Charlie is seen knocking on the door to the kitchen, demanding that Brenda let him inside. However, Brenda refuses, and states that Charlie just wants to come in to steal her hard-earned ADAM. The player has the choice of either interacting with Charlie and Brenda via engaging in combat with them, or just walking away. If the player kills Charlie, Brenda will open the door to investigate, and then attack Jack in a rage to attempt to avenge her partner. However, the kitchen that Brenda had locked herself in has several useful resources to take.
At the Locked Kitchen DoorEdit
- "You really did it this time, Brenda! I'm not some kinda sap!"
- "You want this ugly or do you want this nice? I can do it either way. Open the damn door!"
- "Last time! I warned ya."
- "You open up!"
Attacking the PlayerEdit
- "Give me my ADAM!"
- "This is our hut, me and Brenda!"
Chasing the PlayerEdit
- "Get him, Brenda!"
- "Come on back here, scrub!"
- "He's running, Brenda!"
Losing the PlayerEdit
- "I'm too spliced up!"
Upon Killing the PlayerEdit
- "Oh, I got the scal, Brenda. Ha!"
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Charlie uses one of the four variations of the Toasty Splicer model.