"Come on in and show us those snappy snappies." - Peach Wilkins
This article could use some more pictures. Would you kindly help BioShock Wiki by adding some?
Pictures needed: Screenshots: Gravity Well idle; Throwing Gravity Well; Gravity Well charging; Gravity Well activated; Gravity Well activated with the upgrade; a corpse affected by Gravity Well with the upgrade; The Gravity Well proximity trap.
Gravity Well is a Plasmid introduced for the Minerva's Den DLC for BioShock 2. It allows Subject Sigma to throw a superdense polyp which then bursts after a moment (upon impact if it hits an enemy), sucking in nearby objects, corpses and enemies into a swirling vortex of destruction.
- When thrown, the Plasmid will bounce upon contact with the scenery, and will only detonate after a set amount of time (around one and a half seconds). If thrown at an enemy, it will automatically detonate.
- Although the Plasmid doesn't deal damage on its own at level 1, enemies will take damage whenever they collide with another object.
- It's recommended to fire this Plasmid in the middle of a group, as it will attract every enemy towards it, causing affected enemies to collide into each other and take large amounts of damage.
- Stunned enemies will be splayed across the floor, making it difficult to land a headshot. Try laying a Gravity Well in front of the target, so that they fall flat on their face and expose it to the player.
- Gravity Well can pull enemies through certain walls, although it won't damage them.
- Avoid firing this Plasmid around if there are friendly Bots nearby, as it will drag them in and damage them too.
- Electromagnetic Locks can be disabled by this Plasmid.
- The EVE Saver line of Tonics reduces the EVE cost of using Plasmids.
- Drill Specialist greatly decreases the Plasmid's EVE cost, but limits the player's weapon selection to the Drill.
- Fountain of Youth restores Health and EVE when in water, which can allow constant (and free) use of this Plasmid.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- The game files also list this Plasmid as "Vortex" and "BioGrenade."
- A "gravity well" or "gravitational well" is a conceptual model of the gravitational field surrounding a body in space. The more massive the body, the deeper and more extensive the gravity well associated with it.
|Plasmids/Vigors in the BioShock series|
|Plasmids in BioShock||Cyclone Trap · Electro Bolt · Enrage · Hypnotize Big Daddy · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Security Bullseye · Sonic Boom · Target Dummy · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2||Cyclone Trap · Decoy · Electro Bolt · Hypnotize · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Scout · Security Command · Telekinesis · Winter Blast · Summon Eleanor|
|Gravity Well (Minerva's Den)|
|Plasmids in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Aero Dash · Electro Bolt · Geyser Trap · Houdini · Incinerate! · Insect Swarm · Telekinesis · Winter Blast|
|Vigors in BioShock Infinite||Bucking Bronco · Charge · Devil's Kiss · Murder of Crows · Possession · Return to Sender · Shock Jockey · Undertow|
|Plasmids and Vigors in Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Bucking Bronco · Devil's Kiss · Ironsides · Old Man Winter · Peeping Tom · Possession · Shock Jockey|
|Removed Plasmids from BioShock||Aggressor Irritant · Parasitic Healing · Sanctuary · Speed Booster · Teleportation|