- For turrets in Rapture, see Turret.
Gun Automatons, also known as Automated Turrets, are immobile Automatons with a limited range of rotation that will attack the player on sight. They resemble American soldiers from World War I and are armed with what appears to be a Maxim gun. Unlike the Motorized Patriot, the weapon used by the Automated Turret can not be picked up upon its destruction. Similar to other automatons, these turrets can be temporarily disabled with the Shock Jockey Vigor or be turned into a temporary ally with the Possession Vigor. A friendly version of the turret can be summoned through Tears.
|Rank||Type||Health||Ranged Damage||Explosion Damage|
|2||Machine Gun Automaton||871||31||240|
|3||Machine Gun Automaton||1132||37||288|
|4||Machine Gun Automaton||1472||45||345|
|5||Machine Gun Automaton||1914||54||414|
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
Burial at Sea - Episode 2Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 2
When Elizabeth returns to Columbia through the Tear in the Silver Fin Restaurant, she'll find Gun Automatons once again in the Vox-occupied Factory. The turrets can be destroyed, possessed like in BioShock Infinite, or they can be disabled with Elizabeth's Lockpicking ability.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- Art from the board game BioShock Infinite: The Siege of Columbia shows an additional shield between the automaton and its gun. Vox controlled gun automata also have red paint on its helmet, shield and torso, as well as red pieces of cloth wrapped around its gun and arms.
- The Gun Automaton acts as the equivalent to the Turret from BioShock and BioShock 2.
|Enemies in BioShock Infinite|
|Basic||Columbia Citizen • Police • Soldier (Slate's Soldiers)|
|Support||Gun Automaton • Rocket Automaton • Mosquito • Security Zeppelin • Barrage Automaton|
|Heavy Hitters||Beast • Boy of Silence • Fireman • Handyman • Motorized Patriot • Siren • Zealot of the Lady|
|Burial at Sea - Episode 1 and Episode 2||Beast • Bouncer • Early Splicers (Leadhead Splicer • Thuggish Splicer) • Frosty Splicer • Gun Automaton • Houdini Splicer • Ryan Security • Soldier • Turret|