"Come on in and show us those snappy snappies." - Peach Wilkins
This article could use some more pictures. Would you kindly help BioShock Wiki by adding some?
Renders: The two drawings of Big Daddies (replace/remove the ones in gallery); "Lots no. 341 - 360" sign; "Lots no. 361 - 380" sign; The "Statues Failure" notes on the dog tanks; The "Oxytocin" note (replace/remove the one in gallery); "Imprinting: Failed" blackboard (replace/remove the one in gallery); The "Review of all Biomarkers" Songbird blackboard; The "Hypnotherapy" note (replace/remove the one in gallery); Subject's Personal Effects sign; "Test Subject Inventory" sign; "Hermetic Chamber A" sign; "Hermetic Chamber B" sign; "Quarantine Control" poster; Oxytocin text (Seen on tank in Hermetic Chamber B).
Videos: The Big Daddy observation film; The Songbird "brainwashing" video; The Elizabeth and Songbird imprinting video.
"The slugs alone could not provide enough ADAM for serious work. But combined with the host...
now we have something." - Brigid Tenenbaum
The Imprinting Studies are a set of locations in the Fink MFG Research Laboratories of the Factory. In this series of laboratories, different scientific experiments were performed on animals in an attempt to learn how to make the Songbird imprint on a young girl.
Burial at Sea - Episode 2
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 2
Single Use Events
- Jeremiah Fink - Table Scraps - In the observation are of the security checkpoint by the entrance (only obtainable after lifting the quarantine).
Concept art and Models
Behind the Scenes
- The concept of "imprinting" derives from the historic behavioral experiments of biologist and ethologist Konrad Lorenz upon geese. The "mystery" of imprinting - and the interrelated possibility of cross-species moral empathy - constitutes a narrative key point of pathos in the BioShock series.
- The shackled gorilla refers to the famous "wire mother" study introduced by Harry Harlow in the 1950s. Infant primates were raised with surrogate wire and cloth mothers to observe developmental behavior.
- The hermetic chambers and protectors display concepts were done by Robb Waters. The in-game models for the gorilla, dogs and Songbird prototype were made by Peter Anderson.
|FactoryLocations and Businesses in|
|Office of Jeremiah Fink||Private Quarters of Jeremiah Fink · Fink MFG Research Laboratories · Imprinting Studies · Surgical Suite|