- For the character in Burial at Sea, see Johnny Demarco.
- “Splicers sealed Johnny in before he could—Goddamn Splicers!”
- ― Atlas[src]
BioShock[edit | edit source]
- Main article: BioShock
Johnny reported the crashing of Jack's plane by the Lighthouse to Atlas, who sent Johnny to investigate who was there. Atlas warned him that the hacked security systems can't help him for much longer and that he needed to hurry. By the time the bathysphere carrying Jack (which Johnny had been waiting for) arrived; Johnny was trapped by a female Spider Splicer named Rose, who was menacing him outside the Bathysphere. He attempted to bargain with the Splicer, saying that he meant her no harm or to trespass, and that she could keep his gun. However, the Splicer simply lunged at him and disemboweled him, causing him to fall into the water next to the bathysphere.
Given his apparent sanity and his fear of the Splicers, it appears that Johnny was one of the few non-spliced survivors in Rapture, although some of his unused voice lines refute this.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
The following is a list of Johnny's voicelines The name of the source audio file is listed from streams_1_audio.fsb in BioShock. Many are mixed in with Atlas' voicelines.
- (static) [Atlas:..the fires on the surface, the lighthouse is all lit up like hellfire. Looks like some kind of plane crash.]
- "We are in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, how could it?"
- [Atlas: I dunno, you best get over there and be quick about it, the Splicers are coming.]
- "You've got to be kidding! How do you know someone is even coming?"
- [Atlas: 'Cause we've got a bathysphere on its way down. That means we've got company.]
- (static) "Just one more minute. The 'sphere, the 'sphere's coming up now!"
- [Atlas: Johnny, security's banging off all over. Get a move on!]
- "Please lady, I didn't mean no trespass. (sniffs) Just don't hurt me! Just let me go! You can keep my gun...(blubbering)...you can..." (scream) (death gurgle)
- (after a pause) [Rose: Is it someone new?]
Unused[edit | edit source]
The following are unused lines.
- (static) [Atlas: Quiet, Johnny! Rapture ain't no place for a showboat. Get to the bathysphere and don't take any chances.]
- (static) [Atlas: Johnny. Johnny! No!]
- (static) "Just one more minute. We can see it! The 'sphere is coming up now!"
- (static) "Atlas, (scoffs) how do you know someone's even coming?"
- (static) "I'm opening the hatch now. I'll head over."
- "J-j-just let me go...you can keep my radio, let me...you can."
- (static) "Atlas please...you've got to be kidding. Just let me do it. I know what I'm doing, Atlas."
- "Just let, let me go. You can keep my gun, you (sobbing) you can."
- (static) "...the part in the middle of the damn Atlantic Ocean. I mean how could a plane just crash out of nowhere like that? I, look, I don't get it, makes no sense to me..."
- (static) "...Atlas, no no. Not, I just need one more splice and I'll take these shots and just [possibly: handled it]. Come on Atlas, give me a chance..."
Behind the Scenes[edit | edit source]
- Johnny uses a recycled Toasty skin; this is simply a placeholder model, as the player can never get a clear view of Johnny without the use of Console Commands.
- Despite him being gutted by the Spider Splicer, there is no blood on the ground nor is his body seen floating.