Jordan Thomas briefly worked as a journalist before he was hired by the game publisher Psygnosis as a writer on several of their titles. After interning briefly at Surreal Software during production of Drakan: Order of the Flame, Jordan's got a job working on Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone at the KnowWonder studio of Amaze Entertainment. While there, he learned how to use the Unreal Engine, a valuable skill that netted him a job at Ion Storm during production of Thief: Deadly Shadows. During development of Thief:Deadly Shadows he soon earned the title of Lead Designer on the project. In addition to his Lead Designer position, he contributed a significant amount of work to construct the well-known level ‘The Cradle’.
Jordan Thomas was eventually hired by Irrational Games to work on development of BioShock. He joined the development team in January of 2007 and was the primary level designer of Fort Frolic. He was also commissioned by Creative Director Ken Levine to do a "horror pass" on the entire game, adding or tweaking many elements to make BioShock scarier. After the release of BioShock in 2007, Thomas was tasked with leading a new development studio, 2K Marin, in Novato, California. As Creative Director of 2K Marin he was an important figure in creating BioShock 2.
|2007||BioShock||2K Boston / 2K Australia||Design Team, PS3 system Design Support|
|2010||BioShock 2||2K Marin||Creative Director|
|2013||BioShock Infinite||Irrational Games||Design Team, Senior Writer|
|1999||Drakan: Order of the Flame||Surreal Software, Inc.||Documentation, Tester|
|2001||Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone||KnowWonder||Design|
|2004||Thief: Deadly Shadows||Ion Storm Inc.||Lead Designer|
|2018||The Blackout Club||Question||Director|
- "Drakan: Order of the Flame" credits page at MobyGames.com
- "Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone" credits page at MobyGames.com
- "Journey into the Cradle" article by Kieron Gillen, originally published in PCGamer, March 2005.
- "Bioshock 2’s Chief Creator Against A Tide Of Skeptics" article by Stephen Totilo at Kotaku.com
- BioShock with designer JP LeBreton Part 1 video playthrough hosted by Idle Thumbs
- "Meet the teams bringing BioShock to PS3 (plus new screens!)" article at PlayStation.blog
- "Thief: Deadly Shadows" credits page at MobyGames.com