The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
The Nail Gun is an unlockable weapon appearing exclusively in BioShock 2 Multiplayer. It has a short delay before firing, but afterward, has the highest rate of fire of any weapon. It is unlocked at Rank 14.
- The Nail Gun's rev-up time can be nullified by tapping the fire button. Although very noisy, it'll allow the player to attack any enemies instantly.
- Being stunned in any way will reset the Nail Gun's rev-up timer to zero.
- The Nail Gun is the best Anti-Big Daddy weapon, capable of killing one at full health in two clips.
- The Nail Gun's large clip size makes it effective against groups, allowing the player to kill five players in a single clip (assuming every shot lands on target).
- The Nail Gun is best suited for mid- to close-range combat, as its low accuracy makes it unrecommended for any other form of combat.
- Although this weapon is easy to use during combat, its rev-up time takes some time to master. If the player has spotted an enemy, take cover, rev up and attack.
- The Nail Gun's Extended Magazine upgrade presents no disadvantages, and will increase the weapon's effectiveness against groups and Big Daddies.
- The Nail Gun's Damage Increase upgrade makes it supremely effective in close combat, although the weapon will become ineffective even at medium ranges.
- The Nail Gun's Burst Fire upgrade will decrease its effectiveness at close ranges, but will make it much more accurate over long distances.
- The Grenade Launcher's ease of use makes it a suitable counterpart to the Nail Gun, able to deal large bursts of damage versus entire groups at a time.
- The Crossbow can provide long-range support in case the target is too far.
- The Tommy Gun works similarly to the Nail Gun, and can potentially save the user's life if caught unaware.
- Winter Blast will prevent enemies from escaping and, if the player has the Extended Clip upgrade and is fighting a Big Daddy, can allow the player to kill the latter without ever having to reload.
- Geyser Trap can be used to throw enemies into the air, allowing the player to rev up while doing so.
- Houdini will allow the player to reappear at a target's blind spot and ambush them.
- Insect Swarm will disorient enemies, giving the player time to rev up safely.
- Big Game Hunter will increase the Nail Gun's effectiveness against Big Daddies even further. If the player has the Extended Clip upgrade, one will even be able to kill a Big Daddy in one clip.
- Speedy Recovery will allow the player to quickly regenerate health, which is almost always necessary after a fight when using this weapon.
|Weapons in BioShock||Wrench · Pistol · Machine Gun · Shotgun · Grenade Launcher · Research Camera · Chemical Thrower · Crossbow|
|Weapons in BioShock 2||Drill · Rivet Gun · Hack Tool · Machine Gun · Shotgun · Research Camera · Spear Gun · Launcher|
|Ion Laser (Minerva's Den)|
|Weapons in BioShock 2 Multiplayer||Pistol · Shotgun · Tommy Gun · Grenade Launcher · Crossbow · Nail Gun · Elephant Gun · Rivet Gun|
|Weapons in BioShock Infinite||Burstgun · Carbine · Crank Gun · Hail Fire · Hand Cannon · Heater · Machine Gun · Pistol · Repeater · RPG · Shotgun · Sky-Hook · Sniper Rifle · Volley Gun|
|Weapons in Burial at Sea - Episode 1||Air Grabber · Carbine · Hand Cannon · Shotgun · Tommy Gun · Radar Range|
|Weapons in Burial at Sea - Episode 2||Air Grabber · Radar Range · Hand Cannon · Shotgun · Crossbow|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.