The player cannot interact with the News Vendor machines, and they have no use in-game. However, a vendor can be found outside of the Player's Apartment in BioShock 2 Multiplayer that show the leaderboards.
- Main article: BioShock
Rapture Tribune vending machines are usually found in a neglected and dilapidated state, but occasionally the player will come across a new machine in a pristine condition. These pristine machines have a clear glass door and it is possible to see a newspaper inside.
The headlines on the front page of the newspaper read:
- Recent Bloodshed Causes Panic
- Five Dead in Latest Attacks After Months of Peace
- Arcadia Sets Curfew Once Again Due To Outbreaks of Violence
- Main article: BioShock 2
The same Rapture Tribune vending machines can be found 8 years after the events of BioShock, with the same out-dated newspaper inside.
BioShock 2 MultiplayerEdit
- Main article: BioShock 2 Multiplayer
The same Rapture Tribune vending machine can be found at the exit of the Player's Apartment. It can be used to view personal statistics; Rank, amount of acquired ADAM, non-private match stats, time played, favorite character, weapon, Plasmid, and Gene Tonic.
Burial at Sea - Episode 1Edit
- Main article: Burial at Sea - Episode 1
The headlines on the front of each newspaper reads:
- Rapture, 1958: The year that was. An in-depth look at the events that shaped our lives.
Rapture Daily Post