"The slugs alone could not provide enough ADAM for serious work. But combined with the host...
now we have something." - Brigid Tenenbaum
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale, often abbreviated as PSASBR or PASBR and originally named Title Fight, is a crossover fighting game, developed by SuperBot Entertainment, and published by Sony Computer Entertainment for the PlayStation 3 video game console. It was revealed on April 26, 2012 during the GTTV television show. It was revealed at both E3 2012 and PlayStation's Facebook page that one of the new playable fighters for PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale was the Big Daddy Bouncer from BioShock (along with Nathan Drake from Uncharted). The Bouncer is the first multiplatform character confirmed in Sony's attempt for a crossover fighting game featuring PlayStation's iconic characters.
Storyline in Arcade Mode[edit | edit source]
In a non-canonical story in the game, a Plasmid-enhanced Bouncer (referred in the game as simply "Big Daddy") and his Little Sister were gathering ADAM in Rapture. They're unexpectedly transported into an arena-like universe to fight the PlayStation All-Stars in their own different universes.
Along their journey, the Big Daddy and the Little Sister come across Sackboy (from Little Big Planet). The Little Sister immediately takes a liking to his cute and soft appearance. As Sackboy and Little Sister play jump-rope, Little Sister proclaims that she and Sackboy will never be separated by the likes of Big Daddy. Confused and enraged, the Big Daddy revs up his Drill, preparing to fight the cloth-and-cotton intruder.
After their fight, they encounter Polygon Man, the original Mascot for PlayStation brand, who manifests as an End-Boss, summoning polygon-like versions of the PlayStation All-Stars to fight Big Daddy. After Polygon Man's defeat, both Big Daddy and Little Sister are transported back to Rapture. Little Sister sings as the duo carry on with their routine of gathering ADAM as if nothing happened. While a strange blue aura highlights the Big Daddy, the Little Sister reflects that while friends come and go, the two of them will continue on with their cycle together.
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
Big Daddy uses his brute force to fight. Whether using his fist or his drill, it's difficult to stand up to his armored ambush. Unlike conventional Bouncers, this Big Daddy is enhanced with Plasmids (similar to the Alpha Series of BioShock 2 like Subject Delta) such as Electro Bolt and Incinerate!. He's also outfitted with a radio, which broadcasts quoted speeches from Andrew Ryan. His attacks are not easily interrupted and they offer opportunities for many combinations. One counter to Big Daddy's strength is his low running speed. He has few options to get close to opponents, but his "Charging Rush" attack cannot be interrupted by a single regular attack due to Super Armor and can move at fast speeds.
Moves List[edit | edit source]
- For a list of moves in PlayStation All Stars Battle Royale, see Big Daddy on the PlayStation All-Stars Wiki.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Note: All quotes are said by Andrew Ryan, via radio:
- The Parasites will be purged.
- The great…are not constrained by the small.
- During Flood:
- Remove them from my property or I'll burn it to the ground.
- They are my enemies; you are my poison.
- A few stretched necks are a small price to pay for our ideals.
- Their only reward will be a knife in their backs.
- A man chooses; a slave obeys.
- They've had their fun! Now make them learn what it truly means to be our enemy!
- As the Great Chain binds us, it tears the Parasite to pieces.
- They did not earn Rapture…and they shall not have it.
- You can kill me, but you'll never have my city.
Connections With BioShock[edit | edit source]
- A Bouncer Big Daddy appears as a playable character.
- A Little Sister appears as a minion and in his arcade mode.
- Alternate costumes for the Big Daddy are a Rosie costume (although it still retains the Bouncer's Drill arm), and the Big Daddy Plushie (based on the early version of Eleanor Lamb's doll) is available as a pre-order DLC.
Connections with BioShock Infinite[edit | edit source]
- Two stages include Columbia, both as its own stage, and in a crossover with the stage for Uncharted.
- The Murder of Crows Vigor appears as a usable item, which allows any player to summon crows.
- Elizabeth, Boy of Silence, and Motorized Patriot appear only as character icons.
Video[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Promotional Images[edit | edit source]
In-Game Images[edit | edit source]
Behind The Scenes[edit | edit source]
- On July 29, 2012, according to both The Examiner and the Neogaf forums, a few players were able to discover a few unannounced details on the game's Beta through the data files. It's revealed that not only was there a Little Sister as the Big Daddy's "minion" character, but also the plushie alternate costume. But surprisingly, discovering an already planned inclusion of BioShock Infinite-related content, such as the Murder of Crows Vigor as a usable item, and a Columbia Stage.