The Loop (Games)
Do you like this video?
- “Captain Salty, a man of the sea. The perfect potato chips? Captain Salty's they be!”
- ― Salty's Chips advertisement[src]
Salty's Potato Chips are a snack that can be found in vending machines, on corpses, and other places around Rapture. They heal a small amount of Health when consumed. When used with the Extra Nutrition Tonic, they will restore much more health.
|“||A bag of delicious potato chips will give you a small amount of Health. Like all food and drink, they are consumed immediately when picked up.||”|
Behind the ScenesEdit
- In the Little Wonders Educational Facility of Point Prometheus, a special dispenser of Potato Chip can be found. It has two buttons connected to monitors displaying images of a Big Daddy and a woman. If Jack pushes the button under the female image, a small shock will electrocute him and he will lose a small portion of health. Hitting the Big Daddy image button causes one of an infinite supply of Potato Chip bags to fall from the machine. A variation of a Skinner Box, this machine was used to condition Little Sisters into accompanying Big Daddies (positive conditioning) and fear their female parents (negative conditioning).
- Apart from having a franchise in the potato chip industry, Salty's is also an associate film studio called Salty's Sin-o-Scopes Pictures, specializing in erotic films.
- James Sharpe's portfolio features two additional brands of potato chip bags, Snappy Chappy and Wild Nights, which were not used in the final version of the game.
- ↑ Seen on the posters for the erotic films: "Big Daddy" and Appetite For Sin!.
- ↑ James Sharpe's Portfolio
|Items in BioShock|
|Single Use items||First Aid Kit · EVE Hypo · Spider Splicer Organ · Automatic Hack Tool · Dollar · ADAM|
|Ammunition||Pistol Round · Auto Round · Buck · Grenade · Film · Chemical · Bolt|
|U-Invent components||Alcohol · Battery · Brass Tube · Chlorophyll Solution · Distilled Water · Empty Hypo · Enzyme Sample · Glue · Kerosene · Rubber Hose · Screw · Shell Casing|
|Consumables||Arcadia Merlot · Bandages · Chechnya Vodka · Cigarettes · Coffee · Creme-Filled Cake · Fine Gin · Hop-Up Soda · Lacas Scotch · Moonbeam Absinthe · Old Harbinger Beer · Old Tom Whiskey · Pep Bar · Pipe · Potato Chips · Red Ribbon Brandy|
|Plot items||Audio Diary · Electromagnetic Pulse Bomb · Genetic Key · Quarter-Can of Ionic Gel · Lazarus Vector · Little Sister Gift · Lot 192 · Nitroglycerin · Pheromone · R-34 Wire Cluster · Rosa Gallica · Cohen's Muse Box|
|BioShock: The Collection only||Golden Film Reels|
|Items in BioShock 2|
|Single Use items||First Aid Kit · EVE Hypo · Spider Splicer Organ · Dollar · ADAM · Sea Slug|
|Ammunition||Drill Fuel · Rivet · .50 Caliber Round · Shell · Grenade · Spear · Hack Dart · Mini-Turret · Ion Cell (Minerva's Den)|
|Consumables||Aspirin · Bandages · Canned Beans · Canned Fruit · Chechnya Vodka · Cigarettes · Coffee · Creme-Filled Cake · Doc Hollcroft's Cure-All · Fine Gin · Hop-Up Soda · Lacas Scotch · Moonbeam Absinthe · Moonshine · Old Harbinger Beer · Old Tom Whiskey · Pep Bar · Potato Chips · Potted Meat · Red Ribbon Brandy · Sardines · Tate Merlot · Vitamins|
|Plot items||Audio Diary · Radio · Genetic Key · Little Sister Gift · Rose · Signal Relay · ADAM-Infused Plant · Master Key · Signal Beacon (Minerva's Den)|
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.