The Art of BioShock Infinite is a book of production and concept art that was released February 27, 2013, after the release of BioShock Infinite. It was published by Dark Horse as a hardcover book and is currently priced at $39.99.
The currently known sections are as follows:
- An introduction by Ken Levine.
- Concept art for the game's main city: Columbia.
- Character designs for the game's main characters: Booker, Elizabeth, and Songbird.
- Character designs for the game's Founders, Citizens and Vox Populi.
- Explanation behind the designs of the Heavy Hitters.
- A chapter focused on the advertisments and propaganda used in the game.
- Early explorations of released and non-released Vigors in the game.
- A chapter dedicated to concept design for the Sky-Hook.
- Explanation behind the Weapons and Airships design.
- Another chapter on the concept art for Columbia.
A miniature edition for The Art of BioShock Infinite was announced to be included with both the Premium Edition and the Songbird Edition of BioShock Infinite. This 64-page collectible mini-edition of the artbook provides a substantial look at the full version, published by Dark Horse Books, and includes a hand-distressed blue linen hardcover with a gold leaf embroidered stamp of Columbia, written as "Columbia: Customs & Excise 1907".
Behind The Scenes
- During the book's announcement, Amazon had shown an alternate cover that originally mentioned Nate Wells contributing an introduction with Ken Levine, but due to his leave from Irrational Games, the cover had been changed to only feature Ken Levine's introduction.
- 'The Art of Bioshock Infinite' Getting a Slick Hardcover From Dark Horse In February on MTV Multiplayer.
- original image listing on Amazon.com
- Two Top BioShock Infinite Team Members Leave Irrational on gamasutra